Admissions Officers and faculty from the College of Wooster visited TIS this past week and met with a parent, DP2 students admitted to Wooster- Matthew Simmonds & Bernard Osei and some DP1s (pictured above are Matthew and Bernard with the Wooster Team!). The College of Woosteris America’s premier college for mentored undergraduate research. Wooster is a private liberal arts college located in Wooster, Ohio, USA. It is primarily known for its emphasis on mentored undergraduate research and enrolls approximately 2,000 students. https://www.wooster.edu/
- At Wooster students get to dig deep and follow their passion. The shared sense of purpose and excitement creates an intellectually spirited community like no other.
Student-faculty ration 17:1 with full –time faculty holding Ph.D. or terminal degree 96%
Degrees Conferred: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Music Education.
- More than 95% of Wooster graduates are employed or in graduate school focused on great jobs that change and impact lives, 6 months after graduation.
- At Wooster with over 2,000 student population represented by 53 countries expanding their tentacles as global citizens in a closely tight-knit family spirit of the Wooster community.
- At Wooster, you find your place either interning or volunteering. Students get to explore and make a meaningful life through career building and great networks.
- With research as a scholarly rite of passage, its tangible proof of resourcefulness and creativity builds intellect and sparks lifelong learning giving students the competitive edge to do something no one has done before as they create and define their world and their space.
So why Research?
At the focal point of gaining knowledge, students emerge into intensive research as the fundamental tool for developing skills that employers wish to emphasize the most. These key skills include:
- Independent judgment
- Analytical reasoning
- Project and time management
- Strong written verbal and communication skills
- Receive up to $32,000 per year.
- All applicants are automatically consideredfor this award and do not need to submit additional materials.
- Awards are made to students on the basis of overall academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, leadership, and personal merit.
Complete the Application for Admission by your chosen deadline:
– Early Decision- November 1, 2018, or January 15, 2019.
– Early Action- November 15, 2018.
– Regular Decision- February 15, 2019
Competition Based Scholarships & Performance-Based Scholarships
Clarence Beecher Allen Scholarship
- Receive up to $34,000 per year (this scholarship replaces a Dean’s Scholarship)
- Awards designated to African-American students on the basis of overall academic achievement and leadership.
- Finalists must participate in the Allen Competition Weekend on February 17-18, 2019.
- All recipients will be notified by April 1.
The deadline to apply for the Allen Scholarship has passed
A big thank you to Madam Jill Munro and the entire Wooster delegation, for visiting us and sharing valuable information about the excellent supportive community, plus quality education at the College of Wooster.
Thank you for choosing TIS.