Semester 2 Reports
Semester 2 reports will be published by Monday, 10 June. Parents will receive an email to inform you of their availability.
Outstanding School Fees
Parents with outstanding accounts will not be able to access reports until their account is cleared.
Service this summer?
As you go home for summer, remember it a time to rest, charge up, reflect and make plans for the next academic year. Have you thought of what exactly you would do to relax and recharge? Do you think you can help others while having fun in the process? Relaxing means doing something else apart from the usual routine you are used to OR engaging in an activity that makes you excited and motivated. With the IB Learner Profile in mind, decide to be Caring and Principled considering to show integrity in all your dealings with your parents, siblings, aunties, cousins, grandparents, neighbours and family friends. It will be really nice approaching all the summer days with a positive mindset, being diligent and pleasant. Actions you can take in the form of service may include:
- Babysitting a young cousin for an auntie
- Washing Daddy’s Car
- Helping Mummy in the kitchen
- Walking the dog
- Helping your younger siblings with their homework
- Cleaning your room regularly
- Taking swimming lessons or polishing up your swimming
- Engaging in your favourite sports
- Spending quality time with your grandparents, engaging in arts & crafts, crocheting etc
- Plant your favourite fruit and water it everyday
- Take a good rest when the sun is up
As part of your summer plans you can also partake in an Instagram CookOff organized by Seyram Apreku, Yosi Fajek and Phoebe Osei as their Service as Action activity from their Design Class Unit “My Choice”. They have the perfect summer recipe; Couscous and Octopus Sauce with West African Ginger Ale and you simply want to feel this dish melting in your mouths. The recipe is a product of two merged cultures, Ghanaian and Cameroon to create International-mindedness by way of informing that we are all one people and we are capable of accepting each other’s way of life and culture. That be said, let’s practise open-mindedness and try out this recipe as shared. When you’re done take a picture of it and post it on Instagram with the #onepeople to reach a wider audience and spread the message of acceptance.
Couscous and Octopus Sauce
1 bag of Couscous
4 green Peppers
½ a pound of Mozzarella Cheese
3 bags of pre-cut steamed octopus
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and cumin
½ a teaspoon of ginger and turmeric
¼ spoon of curry powder
2 cups of chicken broth
6 medium sized potatoes
- First, wash and rinse the couscous.
- Wash and rinse the octopus while washing it. Remove the organs and the other parts of the octopus that aren’t needed.
- Place a saucepan with water and salt on fire then wash and cut your potatoes. Cut them into cubes and put them in the saucepan to boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil the octopus in a saucepan for 5 minutes. Whilst boiling, stir it.
- Make your sauce for your stir fry with pepper flakes, soy sauce, sugar, rice syrup, ground black pepper.
- Heat up a frying pan with olive oil and stir in the vegetables
- Aside from that, start frying the octopus in a frying pan. Also add your some salt, black ground pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Then remove your fried octopus and add it into the already fried vegetables, stir and add your sauce.
- Next put your couscous on fire and add some butter and leave to cook for about 8 minutes or according to the packaging.
- And then leave to cool and plate!
West African Ginger Ale
3 large roots of ginger
2.5 cups of water
1 overflowing teaspoon of sugar
1 overflowing teaspoon of peppercorn
- Making sure that the skin and rind are still on, chop the ginger and lime into tiny chunks.
- Pour the lime and ginger into a blender making sure that there is a larger amount of ginger than there is lime, taste and add more lime or garlic when needed.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve.
- Blend peppercorn and sugar and then add the strained mixture of ginger and garlic into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture once more into a saucepan.
- Bring the liquid to a boil on the saucepan.
- Once it starts to boil, take it off the heat source and make it cool.
Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim families.