In line with the school’s objective of producing internationally-minded and world-class citizens, and as part of its measures to enhance learning and teaching of French/Spanish, the Department of Language Acquisition is organising its 2020 trip from 20 June to 12 July 2020.
The Language Immersion course, over the years, has been popular due to the immense benefits that students and staff derive from it. There is no doubt that the role of foreign languages and their benefits in our current global world cannot be underrated. The immersion course enhances language proficiency and knowledge acquired in books. Other benefits include confidence building and the development of a very positive personality resulting from this rich exposure.
During their stay, the students will be accompanied by staff of Tema International School and will lodge with host families in pairs, making it possible for them to maximise their communication skills language, as well as learn about historical and economic areas of interest in Spain and France.
Interested parents need to register their wards for the trip by paying a non-refundable commitment fee of one hundred US Dollars (USD100) followed by the completion and signing of parental consent forms by both parents of participating students.
- A passport,
- An original copy of birth certificate,
- A parental consent form (will sent to parents to sign)
- A letter of authority (will sent to parents to sign)
- A bank statement of a parent,
- The biodata page of both parents,
- Four (4) passport size pictures of the student,
- An international Travel Vaccination Card with the
- Yellow Fever vaccination done or updated.
- TIS teachers have the telephone numbers of all their students.
- Participants have travel and health insurance.
- On arrival in France/Spain, TIS leaders collect all passports from participants and give them back to them on the day of departure.
- Parents of our students have access to the addresses of the host families of their kids and so they can communicate with them and may even visit them if they happen to be in France/Spain whilst the group is there.
- Parents have the addresses of the TIS leader so they can communicate with him.
- Participants are advised to keep their pocket monies with TIS teachers.
Further details on the trip will be communicated to you in due course. In the meantime, feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Interested parents are to contact Mr. John Mensah of the Department of Language Acquisition via email: [email protected] or on 0244 70 79 07 or on school number 0303-305134/ 0303-308737 for further enquiries.